Makes 10 Servings
Cinnamon Dusted Pecans:
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp Culinary Secrets® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 oz butter OR margarine
- 6 oz whole pecans
- 2/3 C frozen raspberries
- 1/4 C water
- 1/4 C red wine vinegar
- 1/2 C Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1-1/2 tsp Culinary Secrets Ground Mustard Seed
- 1 cup oil
- 1-1/2 tsp Culinary Secrets Freeze Dried Chives
- 5 oz salad greens
- 5 oz feta cheese, crumbled
Cinnamon Dusted Pecans:
Combine sugar and Culinary Secrets® Ground Cinnamon and set aside. Melt butter in a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add pecans and stir constantly until pecans are lightly toasted about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately add cinnamon sugar mixture. Stir well to mix. Transfer pecans to parchment paper and cool completely. Store in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.
Combine raspberries, water, vinegar, Karo Light Corn Syrup and Culinary Secrets Ground Mustard Seed in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Gradually add oil until well emulsified. Stir in Culinary Secrets Freeze Dried Chives and season with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
Portion salad greens on 10 plates. Top with feta cheese and Cinnamon Dusted Pecans. Drizzle with Raspberry Vinaigrette.
- 1–1/4 C grated Villa Frizzoni parmesan cheese, 70077
- 2–1/4 C Katy’s Kitchen vegetable oil, 15024
- 1 C red wine vinegar, 13924
- 6 cloves Markon garlic, minced, 78470
- 1–1/4 Tbsp and 1 tsp Culinary Secrets dried basil, 10510
- 3/4 tsp Culinary Secrets crushed red pepper flakes, 24018
- 1–1/4 Tbsp and 1 tsp Katy’s Kitchen salt, 33202
- 1–3/4 lbs Villa Frizzoni rotini spirals, 25490
- 8 C Markon broccoli florets, 78330
- 1 lb sliced Villa Frizzoni pepperoni, E6662
- 1 Markon green bell pepper, chopped, 78246
- 1 Markon orange bell pepper, chopped
- 40 cherry tomatoes, halved, 78223
- 2 C Villa Frizzoni feather shredded mozzarella cheese, 61677
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
- In large bowl, stir together oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, salt and red pepper flakes. Toss with warm macaroni to coat well. Toss with Parmesan. Cover, and refrigerate 2–3 hours.
- Add broccoli, pepperoni, peppers and tomatoes; toss well. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and serve.
- 2 C seeded and coarsely chopped watermelon, 74844
- 2 Tbsp Markon red onions, chopped 79294
- 3 Tbsp seeded, chopped Anaheim chile
- 1/2 C chopped Markon cilantro, 78015
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, 17042
- 1/4 tsp Culinary Secrets garlic salt, 28594
- In a serving bowl, mix together the watermelon, onion, cilantro and chiles.
- Season with balsamic vinegar and garlic salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour to blend flavors.
- Serve in fun dishes, pictured above, to spice it up a bit.
Summer Salad with Tortellini
- 1 package (9 ounces) Villa Frizzoni cheese-filled tortellini, 65046
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced, 78127
- 1 jumbo Markin carrot, peeled and chopped, 70480
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved, 78223
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced, 79294
- 1/4 C snipped fresh parsley, 78172
- 1 head Markon romaine lettuce, 75066
- 1 gold bell pepper, 78553
- 1 red bell pepper, 75337
- 3 Tbsp Villa Frizzoni Parmesan cheese, 70946
- Cook tortellini in a stockpot according to package directions; drain and rinse
- under cold running water using a large colander and set aside.
- Meanwhile, slice zucchini and chop carrot. Cut cherry tomatoes in half and
- slice onions, slice peppers and snip parsley.
- Add vegetables to tortellini; mix gently. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over salad.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Fruit Salad with Citrus Yogurt Sauce
- 3/4 C water
- 1/2 C sugar, 27348
- 1/2 C Rejuv orange juice, 14780
- 1/4 C lemon juice, 12790
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 2 Tbsp triple sec, optional
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and halved, 74772
- 2 ripe pears, peeled and chopped, 73948
- 2 Markon red delicious apples, chopped, 78008
- 2 Markon oranges, peeled and sectioned, 78692
- 2 C seedless red grapes, halved, 78922
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned, 78083
- 8-10 Bountiful Harvest maraschino cherries to garnish, 16343
- 8-10 mint leaves to garnish, 77804
- Katy’s Kitchen peanuts to taste, 90440
Citrus Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt, 46306
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, 27222
- 2 Tbsp SilverBrook sour cream, 71811
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 23347
- For syrup, in a large saucepan combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Cool. Stir in triple sec if desired.
- In a large bowl, combine the kiwi, pears, apples, oranges, grapes and grape fruit; add syrup and gently toss. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve fruit salad with a slotted spoon; drizzle with yogurt sauce.
Tuscan Bean Salad with Dressed Leaves and Crusty Bread
- 1/4 c - red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp - lime juice
- 2 - Markon garlic cloves, RFS item 78470 - minced to a paste with the sea salt
- 1/2 c - Villa Frizzoni 75/25 Blend Canola and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, RFS item 33388
- 1/2 medium - Markon onion (red), RFS item 79294 - peeled and julienned
- 1 c - butter beans – cooked
- 1 c - great northern beans – cooked
- 1 c - San Pablo pinto beans, RFS item E4836 – cooked
- 1 c - corn
- 2 large -Markon tomatoes RFS item 78204 - small diced
- 1/4 c - Markon cilantro leaves, RFS item 78014 - finely chopped
- 1/4 c - Markon parsley (flat leaf), RFS item 78172 - finely chopped
- 1 pinch - Culinary Secrets sea salt, RFS item 29346 - to taste
- 1 pinch - Culinary Secrets pepper, RFS item 24108 - to taste
- 1 pinch - red chile flakes (ground) - to taste
- Markon Spring Mix Salad blends, RFS item C0246 - as desired
- Brickfire Bakery Vienna rolls, RFS item 63428 – as desired
- Combine the vinegar, lime juice and garlic; whisk in the oil to emulsify.
- Add the remaining ingredients in order and toss.
- Season to taste and serve at room temperature.
- Add spring mix and bread to each plate as desired.
Chicken & Bacon Cesar Salad
Serving size 2
- 4 cups Markon Spring Mix, RFS Item C0246
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 5 strips Prairie Creek Packing Bacon Topping, 1/4 Inch Pieces, RFS Item C6148
- 1 Markon cucumber, RFS Item 78156
- 2 Silver Brook Single Lobe, Flattened Chicken Breast Fillets, RFS Item 35774
- Katy’s Kitchen Home-style Seasoned Croutons, RFS Item 22842
- Bean Sprouts
- 1/4 cup Culinary Secrets Dijon Dressing, RFS Item 26052
- 1/4 cup Katy’s Kitchen lemon juice, RFS Item 12790
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper
- Mix marinade ingredients. Place chicken in a Ziploc bag, pour marinade over chicken. Let sit at least 1/2 hour and up to three hours.
- Grill chicken until juices run clear; timing varies with thickness of chicken. Approximately 5 - 8 minutes per side.
- Whisk together salad dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Half the cherry tomatoes and cut up the cucumber.
- Prepare salad greens, place on plates. Place tomatoes, cucumbers, and bacon on salad greens.
- Cut up grilled chicken, place on salad greens.
- Add croutons to your liking and bean sprouts for garnish.
- Drizzle with salad dressing to taste.
Chef’s Fruit Salad
- 1 c. - Markon fresh orange sections RFS Item 78814
- 1 c. - Markon pineapple chunks, drained RFS Item
- 1/2 c. - unpeeled chopped Markon Red Delicious apples RFS Item 78006
- 1/4 c. - raisins
- 4 c. - Markon chopped lettuce RFS Item 79792
- 2 c. - 1% low fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 c. - chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp. - commercial low calorie French dressing
- 2 c. - Cobblestone Market Chopped Ham RFS Item 54500
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. Layer lettuce and cottage cheese in a large bowl; drizzle with French dressing.
- Spoon fruit mixture and ham over dressing; top with walnuts.
Makes 8 Servings
- 8 each SilverBrook Boneless Chicken breasts, RFS Item #61098
- 1 Tbsp. Culinary Secrets Northwoods, Chicken Seasoning RFS Item #22206
- 1 lb. Markon Spring Mix, RFS Item #C0246
- 16 slices Prairie Creek Packing Bacon, crisp, RFS Item #48314
- 2 lbs. Tomatoes,wedged
- 8 oz. Katy’s Kitchen Croutons, RFS Item #22842
- 8 each Eggs, hard cooked
- 1-1/2 cups Culinary Secrets Heartland Ranch dressing, RFS Item #12432
- 1/2 cup Culinary Secrets Sweet & Spicy Barbecue sauce, prepared, RFS Item #28160
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with Culinary Secrets Northwoods Chicken Seasoning. Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches at least 165°F.
- Assemble salad beginning with salad greens. Bias cut, cooked chicken** and lay across greens. Top each salad with 2 slices bacon, 6 tomato wedges, 1 ounce croutons and 1 sliced hard cooked egg. Combine ranch dressing with barbecue sauce. Serve 2 ounces with each salad.
- **Chicken may be served hot or chilled.
Turkey & Spinach Salad in Parmesan Bowls
- 1 Cup Rejuv Cranberry Juice Cocktail RFS Item # 14738
- 2 Teaspoons sugar
- 1 Teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 Cup frozen raspberries in syrup
Heat cranberry juice to a boil, stir in sugar and cornstarch and cook to thicken. Cool. Add raspberry vinegar and frozen raspberries. Cover and hold for service.
- 1/2 Cup hazelnuts
- 4 Cups spinach leaves, cleaned, dried, and stemmed
- In a preheated 375-degrees F oven, toast hazelnuts for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool. Coarsely chop. Cover and reserve for service.
- Prepare spinach by tearing into bite sized pieces. Cover and refrigerate for service.
- Parmesan Shells
- EverLight Gold Food Release Spray RFS Item # 14708
- 1-1/3 Cups Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 Cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Prepare Parmesan shell by spraying an 8-inch nonstick sauté pan with EverLight Gold. Heat pan over medium heat.
- For each shell, add 1/3 cup coarsely grated Parmesan to the bottom of the sauté pan, distributing the cheese evenly across the pan. Allow the cheese to bubble for about 30 seconds before adding an additional 1/4-cup of finely grated Parmesan.
- When the cheese starts to turn golden brown, remove from the pan and place over a mold or a small stainless steel bowl. Allow to cool.
- 1 Pound Cobblestone Market Smoked Turkey Breast RFS Item # 42758 cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Toss spinach, turkey and hazelnuts in a bowl.
- Divide salad among the cooled Parmesan shells. Serve the dressing on the side. Serve immediately.
Previous Page | Next Page