Entrée - Vegetarian
Summer Salad with Tortellini
- 1 package (9 ounces) Villa Frizzoni cheese-filled tortellini, 65046
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced, 78127
- 1 jumbo Markin carrot, peeled and chopped, 70480
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved, 78223
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced, 79294
- 1/4 C snipped fresh parsley, 78172
- 1 head Markon romaine lettuce, 75066
- 1 gold bell pepper, 78553
- 1 red bell pepper, 75337
- 3 Tbsp Villa Frizzoni Parmesan cheese, 70946
- Cook tortellini in a stockpot according to package directions; drain and rinse
- under cold running water using a large colander and set aside.
- Meanwhile, slice zucchini and chop carrot. Cut cherry tomatoes in half and
- slice onions, slice peppers and snip parsley.
- Add vegetables to tortellini; mix gently. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over salad.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Tuscan Bean Salad with Dressed Leaves and Crusty Bread
- 1/4 c - red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp - lime juice
- 2 - Markon garlic cloves, RFS item 78470 - minced to a paste with the sea salt
- 1/2 c - Villa Frizzoni 75/25 Blend Canola and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, RFS item 33388
- 1/2 medium - Markon onion (red), RFS item 79294 - peeled and julienned
- 1 c - butter beans – cooked
- 1 c - great northern beans – cooked
- 1 c - San Pablo pinto beans, RFS item E4836 – cooked
- 1 c - corn
- 2 large -Markon tomatoes RFS item 78204 - small diced
- 1/4 c - Markon cilantro leaves, RFS item 78014 - finely chopped
- 1/4 c - Markon parsley (flat leaf), RFS item 78172 - finely chopped
- 1 pinch - Culinary Secrets sea salt, RFS item 29346 - to taste
- 1 pinch - Culinary Secrets pepper, RFS item 24108 - to taste
- 1 pinch - red chile flakes (ground) - to taste
- Markon Spring Mix Salad blends, RFS item C0246 - as desired
- Brickfire Bakery Vienna rolls, RFS item 63428 – as desired
- Combine the vinegar, lime juice and garlic; whisk in the oil to emulsify.
- Add the remaining ingredients in order and toss.
- Season to taste and serve at room temperature.
- Add spring mix and bread to each plate as desired.
Creamy Baked Pumpkin Risotto
- 5 C. Katy’s Kitchen chicken broth, 22340 or vegetable broth, K9478
- 2 C. arborio rice, K5444
- 2 C. pumpkin or butternut squash, 78297, small dice
- 1 1/2 C. canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 Markon medium yellow onion, minced, 78338
- 1/2 C. finely chopped fresh basil, 75016
- 1/4 C. finely grated Villa Frizzoni parmesan cheese, 70077
- 2 Tbsp. mascarpone cheese, 69893
- 2 Tbsp. Villa Frizzoni pomace olive oil, 10113
- Heat oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Combine broth, rice, squash, puree, and onion in a 3-quart baking dish, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and stir to evenly combine. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake, stirring occasionally, until most the water has been absorbed and rice granules are puffed, about 35 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir in remaining ingredients, season to taste and serve.
Strawberry Summer Salad
- 1 tsp Villa Frizzoni 75/25 blend canola/extra virgin olive oil, 33388
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 27222
- 4 C Markon baby spinach, 76414
- 1 C Markon strawberries, thinly sliced, 67154
- 1/4 - 1/2 C Katy’s Kitchen pecans, 23036
- 1/4 C Bountiful Harvest dried cranberries, 82696
- 1/4 C Villa Frizzoni crumbled feta cheese, 52534
- 2 Markon green onions, chopped, 76206
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add oil and sugar and stir to combine. Add nuts and toss to coat.
- Cook about five minutes and transfer to parchment paper, separate nuts with a fork and cool.
- Wash and dry greens and add to a large bowl and toss gently with remaining ingredients and add dressing of your choice.
- 1 lb Markon cabbage, 75054
- 1 lb Markon potatoes, 76012
- 2 leeks, 78415
- 1 C milk, 71388
- Katy’s Kitchen salt, 31984 and Culinary Secrets pepper to taste, 24108
- 1 pinch ground mace
- 1/2 C SilverBrook butter, 73400
- In a large saucepan, boil cabbage until tender. Remove, set aside and keep warm. Boil potatoes until tender. Remove from heat and drain.
- Chop leeks, green parts as well as white, and simmer them in just enough milk to cover, until they are soft.
- Season and mash potatoes well. Stir in cooked leeks and milk. Blend in the cabbage and heat until the whole is a pale green fluff. Make a well in the center and pour in the melted butter. Mix well.
Mini Wild Mushroom Risotto Cakes with Parmesan
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 cup assorted mushrooms
(e.g., oyster, shiitake, cremini or button), chopped
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. salt, divided
1 cup water
1/2 cup Arborio rice
1/2 cup Villa Frizzoni Fancy Shredded Parmesan cheese,
plus additional for topping
RFS Item 70946
2 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 Tbsp. Bountiful Harvest Marinara sauce, optional
RFS Item 12072
1. Heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet, add mushrooms, garlic and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cook, stirring often, 5 minutes; set aside to cool.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup water and 1/2 tsp. salt to boil. Add rice, cover and reduce heat. Cook on low heat for 18 minutes; remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. Sprinkle mushroom mixture, Parmesan, flour, and baking powder over rice and stir until combined. Stir in egg until well mixed; cover and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
4. Heat remaining oil in a skillet. With wet hands, shape rice mixture into 20 individual 1 1/2-inch diameter round cakes. Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve warmed topped with a dollop of marinara sauce, if desired, and additional Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Yield: 2 pieces per serving, 10 servings
Roasted Red Pepper & Potato Pesto Lasagna
1 gallon Bountiful Harvest Dehydrated Potato Slices, dry
RFS Item 31378
32 oz. whole milk ricotta cheese
4 oz. Villa Frizzoni Fancy Shredded Parmesan Cheese
RFS Item 70946
2 large eggs
20 oz. prepared white sauce
12 oz. prepared pesto
1 oz. olive oil
16 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
32 oz. roasted red bell peppers, sliced
32 oz. Villa Frizzoni Feather Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
RFS Item 61676
1. Prepare the sliced potatoes according to the package directions. Reserve.
2. Combine the ricotta, parmesan and eggs in a mixing bowl. Reserve.
3. Blend the white sauce with the pesto sauce. Reserve.
4. Saute the mushrooms in olive oil until tender. Add red peppers and cook thoroughly. Reserve.
5. To assemble the lasagna; evenly spread 1/3 of the potato slices in the bottom of a 2" full steam table pan spready with pan release (we recommend EverLight Gold - RFS Item 14708).
6. Sprinkle with 8 oz. of mozzarella cheese, spread with the ricotta blend, pour 16 oz. of sauce and spread with 1/3 of the potato slices.
7. Finish the lasagna with 8 oz. of mozzarella cheese, red bell pepper blend, the remaining sauce and top with remaining potato slices.
8. Bake in 350 F. convection oven for 50 minutes covered with foil.
9. Remove foil and cover with remaining 16 oz. of mozzarella cheese; bake an additional 10 minutes.
Yield: 25 servings (8 oz. each)
3/4 lb. green zucchini, 3/4" diced
3/4 lb. yellow squash, 3/4" diced
3/4 lb. Markon X-Large Green Bell Pepper, 3/4" diced
(RFS Item 78247)
1 lb. red bell pepper, 3/4" diced
3/4 lb. Markon Medium Fancy Fresh Mushrooms, quartered
(RFS Item 78170)
1/2 lb. Markon Medium Red Onion, 3/4" diced
(RFS Item 79294)
3/4 lb. eggplant, 3/4" diced
1 1/2 oz. EverFry Free, Zero Trans Fat Oil
(RFS Item 20656)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. Culinary Secrets Cracked Black Pepper
(RFS Item 29084)
8 oz. Balsamic Vinaigrette
1. Toss vegetables, EverFry Free, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
2. Spread mixture evenly on a sheet pan. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are lightly browned.
3. Cool vegetables, transfer to shallow storage container and refrigerate until needed.
4. To serve on buffet or as a side item, toss chilled roasted vegetables with 1 1/2 oz. of balsamic vinaigrette.
1. For added contrast of color, flavor and texture, toss dish with mozzeralla, feta or cotija cheese and fresh oregano, basil or cilantro.
2. When still warm, toss vegetables with cooked pasta and balsamic vinaigrette. Garnish with fresh basil and shredded parmesan cheese.
Yield: 5 lbs (8 oz. per serving)
5 oz. EverRich Liquid Butter Alternative
RFS Item 71022
40-12" San Pablo Flour Tortillas
RFS Item 67582
1 1/4 lb. San Pablo Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
RFS Item 70248
1 1/4 lb. Cobblestone Market Fancy Shredded Cheddar Cheese
RFS Item 76432
10 oz. diced tomatoes
1 1/4 cup sliced green onion
10 oz. sliced black olives
1 1/4 cup Markon Fresh Cilantro, chopped
RFS Item 78015
1 1/4 quart Culinary Secrets Southwest Ranch Dressing
RFS Item 28420
1. Place 1/4 oz. of EverRich on a pre-heated flat top griddle or large saute pan.
2. Place a flour tortilla on the hot butter substitute then evenly top with 1 oz. each of cheddar and pepper jack cheeses, 1/2 oz. of each olives and tomatoes, and 1 Tbsp. of each cilantro and green onion.
3. Top with another flour tortilla, let cheese melt for 1 minute then flip entire quesadilla over. Continue to heat quesadilla for an additional 2 minutes.
4. Remove from griddle and cut into 8 pieces.
5. Garnish with additional green onion and serve with Culinary Secrets Southwest Ranch Dressing.
Italian Grilled Vegetable Lettuce Wraps
Featuring Culinary Secrets Garden Italian Salad Dressing
1/2 cup Culinary Secrets Garden Italian Salad Dressing
(RFS Item #12498)
9 Markon Lettuce Jammer leaves (RFS Item 90828)
3 zucchini squash, grilled and medium diced
3 yellow squash, grilled and medium diced
3 medium red bell peppers, grilled and julienned
3 portobello mushrooms, grilled and sliced on the bias
9 spring onions, grilled
1. Clean and wash Markon Lettuce Jammers; store in refrigerated cooler until ready for servie; pick the largest, most attractive leaves.
2. Arrange lettuce leaves on chilled plate, 3 to a plate.
3. Lightly toss all of the grilled vegetables (except for onions) with a small portion of Culinary Secrets Garden Italian Salad Dressing.
4. Evenly distribute the grilled vegetables onto each of the lettuce leaves.
5. Lightly drizzle each of the vegetable filled lettuce leaves with the Culinary Secrets Garden Italian Dressing. Garnish with whole spring onions and serve with additional Culinary Secrets Garden Italian Dressing on the side.
*This dish can be served either with warm or chilled grilled vegetables.
Previous Page | Next Page