Entrée - Seafood
Tilapia with Cucumber Radish Relish
- 2/3 cup chopped, seeded Markon cucumber, RFS # 78156
- 1/2 cup chopped radishes, RFS # 78025
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, RFS # A3640
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves, minced RFS # 24172
- pinch of sugar, RFS # 27204
- 1/8 teaspoon Culinary Secrets sea salt, RFS # 29346
- 4–6 oz. Hidden Bay tilapia fillets, RFS # 20578
- 2 tablespoons Chef Mark margarine, RFS # 71068
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a small bowl; mix well. Let stand at room temperature while preparing fish.
- Sauté tilapia in margarine in a large skillet over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily when tested with a fork.
- Transfer to serving plates. Spoon cucumber mixture over each serving.
Chipotle Rubbed Cod Tail Torta
Yield: Approximately 10 portions
- 10 – 4-5 oz. Hidden Bay Wild Caught North Atlantic Barents Sea Cod Tails, RFS#50686
- 1 can Chipotle en Adobo
- 3 Brickfire Bakery French baguettes, RFS#17804, cut into 10- 6" pieces
- 1 tsp Culinary Secrets cumin seed, RFS#24318
- 1⁄2 cup Villa Frizzoni 75/25 blend Canola and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, RFS #33388
- 5 ripe Markon avocado, RFS# E7442
- 1 tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate
- 20 Ripe Markon Tomato slices, RFS# 78204
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1⁄4 cup Markon washed and trimmed cilantro, RFS# 78014, chopped
- Culinary Secrets All Purpose Salt Seasoning, RFS#26278 to taste
- Culinary Secrets ground black pepper, RFS# 24108
- 20 slices Cobblestone Market 0.8 oz. slices Monterrey Jack Cheese, RFS# 70232
- Remove chipotle peppers from can and rinse to remove most residual adobo.
- Place in blender and pulse until peppers have lost their shape. Add cumin, oil,
- orange juice concentrate and honey and blend until well incorporated. Divide into two air-tight containers and set aside.
- Place Cod tails on lined sheet pan and brush with blended mixture from first container. Cook as directed or until Cod reaches internal temperature of 160° degrees.
- Remove from oven and baste with mixture form second container and let rest for 2 minutes. Build Tortas by placing avocado on bottom bun, then layer with Cod tail, tomato, cheese and top bun.
- Place Tortas in sandwich press and toast.
- Serve with chips and salsa or Latin style slaw.
Penne with Shrimp & Asparagus in a Cream Sauce
- 15 oz. — Villa Frizzoni Alfredo Sauce, RFS Item # 27028
- 1/4 lb — Markon Asparagus, chopped (approx. 8 stalks chopped 2-3inches long), RFS Item # 78990
- 24 — Hidden Bay uncooked Shrimp, 41-50 count, RFS Item # 54192
- 1/2 Lb — Villa Frizzoni Penne Rigate, RFS Item # 25728
- 1/3 — Red bell pepper, julienne sliced
- 1/3 — Yellow bell pepper, julienne sliced
- 4 oz. — Fresh sliced mushrooms (baby browns)
- 1/2 Tbsp. — Culinary Secrets Cayenne Pepper, RFS Item # 10508
- Creole Seasoning
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Julienne slice red bell peppers and yellow bell peppers. Sauté in skillet until it begins to soften
- Add fresh sliced Mushrooms and sauté for an additional 3-5 mins. Then remove from heat.
- Blanch chopped asparagus for approx 5 mins, or until stalks are tender. Throw in pepper and mushroom pan to rest.
- Season Shrimp with Creole Seasoning and Sauté in another skillet. Then remove from heat.
- Add Alfredo sauce, cayenne, salt and pepper to the bell pepper and mushroom mix and bring to just under a few bubbles. Reduce heat to low and add shrimp.
- Cook Penne, drain.
- Toss everything together.
Coconut Lime Shrimp Skewers
Time: 30 minutes, plus marinating time. A squeeze of lime adds zing and toasted coconut contributes crunch to this easy make-ahead crowd-pleaser. You'll need at least 24 wooden skewers (6 in.).
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Markon garlic, minced, RFS Item # 78470
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 2 pounds Hidden Bay Cooked Shrimp (26 to 30 per lb.), peeled and deveined, tail on, RFS Item # 16458
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh lime wedges for squeezing
- 1/2 cup toasted, sweetened shredded coconut
- Markon Chives, chopped, RFS Item # 77812
- In a medium bowl, combine ginger, garlic, lime zest and juice, and coconut milk. Add shrimp, tossing to coat, and chill, covered, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water.
- Prepare a grill for high heat (450° to 550°; you can hold your hand 5 in. above cooking grate only 2 to 4 seconds).
- Push 2 or 3 shrimp onto each skewer in a "C" shape (through each end); cook, turning once, until it’s slightly charred, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Arrange skewers on a serving platter and sprinkle evenly with salt, a squeeze of lime juice, and coconut.
- Serve with extra lime wedges on the side.
- Garnish with a pinch of chopped chives.
Bronzed Alaska Salmon in a Butter-Wine Sauce
- 4 Hidden Bay Alaska Salmon skin on fillets (6 oz. each), RFS Item 52728
- 1 Tablespoon Villa Frizzoni 75/25 Blend Canola and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, RFS Item 33388
- 2 Tablespoon Hidden Bay Seafood Seasoning, RFS Item 22254
- 1/4 Cup White wine or Culinary Secrets Chicken base, RFS 12208
- 1 Tablespoon SilverBrook whipped butter, RFS Item 71102
- Heat a heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of salmon with oil. Place salmon in heated skillet and cook, uncovered, about 3 to 4 minutes, until browned. Shake pan occasionally to keep fish from sticking.
- Turn salmon over and sprinkle with seafood seasoning.
- Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 2 minutes; add the wine and butter to pan.
- Continue to cook, uncovered, an additional 4 to 6 minutes for frozen salmon OR 1 to 2 minutes for fresh/thawed fish.
- Cook just until fish is opaque throughout and sauce is reduced.
- Drizzle sauce over salmon when serving.
Fish with Pico Garlic Rub
Makes 12 Servings
Pico Garlic Rub
- Olive oil 1 Tbsp.
- 1/4 cup Culinary Secrets® Garlic Powder, RFS Item 24372
- 1/4 cup Culinary Secrets Parsley Flakes, RFS Item 24198
- 2 tsp. Culinary Secrets Spanish Paprika, RFS Item 25318
- 2 tsp. San Pablo® Ground Chipotle Peppers, RFS Item 25452
- Salt 1 tsp.
- Tilapia fillets 12 each
- Flour 1 cup
- Olive oil 1/4 cup
- Lime wedges 12 each
- Combine all Pico Garlic Rub ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Coat fish with flour.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet on medium heat.
- Place fish in skillet. Cook on one side for 3 to 4 minutes.Turn and brush on the Pico Garlic Rub.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove fish from skillet; squeeze lime juice over all.
- Serve immediately with additional lime wedges, if desired.
Kickin Beer-Battered Wild-Caught Cod
Serves: 24 (3-piece servings)
- As needed EverFry Clear for frying RFS# 16198
- 10 lbs. ― Hidden Bay Alaska Pollock fillets, thawed if necessary RFS Item #C3474
- 5 cups ― Flour
- 1/2 cup― Baking powder
- 1/4 cup― Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. ― Salt
- 2-3 tsp. ― Culinary Secrets Cajun Seasoning RFS Item #28622
- 48 oz. ― Dark or regular beer
- 1/4 cup ― Fresh lime juice
- As needed Lime wedges, if desired
- Heat oil in fryer pan to 365°F.
- Prepare batter: In mixing bowl, blend flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and Culinary Secrets Cajun seasoning. Pour in beer, add lime and whisk together just until frothy. Do not over mix.
- For each serving, dredge fish portions in batter. Fry in oil, about 4 to 5 minutes per piece, until golden brown. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Popcorn Shrimp with Chili-Lime Dipping Sauce
Yield: 8 servings, serving size: 12 shrimp plus 1 tablespoon dipping sauce
- 1/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt or 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Culinary Secrets mayonnaise RFS Item # 17480
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon San Pablo Ancho Chili Powder RFS Item # 25786
- 1 lime, zested
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon San Pablo Ancho Chili Powder RFS Item # 25786
- 1 teaspoon Culinary Secrets Garlic Powder RFS Item # 24042
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon Culinary Secrets black pepper RFS Item # 24108
- 1 pound Hidden Bay Peeled & Deveined tail-off Shrimp RFS Item # 81270
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Spray cooking oil
- If using regular yogurt, place it in a strainer lined with a paper towel. Place the strainer over a bowl and allow to drain and thicken for 20 minutes.
- Combine the thickened or Greek yogurt, Culinary secrets mayonnaise, lime juice, San Pablo Ancho Chili Powder and lime zest in a small bowl and mix well to incorporate. Set aside.
Prepare the Shrimp:
- Place flour, chili powder, garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a shallow bowl and stir with a fork to incorporate. Place egg whites in another shallow bowl and beat lightly. Place cornmeal, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a third bowl and stir with a fork to incorporate. Toss the Hidden Bay shrimp, a few at a time, in flour until well coated. Shake off excess flour, then dip in egg whites. Transfer to cornmeal mixture and toss to cover all sides. Reserve coated shrimp on a baking sheet or piece of parchment paper and repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Preheat broiler. Brush a large cookie sheet with the oil and heat the oiled sheet under broiler for 3 minutes. Remove from oven and quickly arrange shrimp in a single layer on the cookie sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Place shrimp under broiler and broil until crisp and browned, about 5 minutes.
- Serve shrimp with dipping sauce.
Cajun Scallops with Lemon Herb Sauce
- Cajun Scallops:
- 1 c. Cornmeal
- 2/3 c. Culinary Secrets Cajun Seasoning RFS Item 28622
- 1-1/2 lb. Hidden Bay 10-20 Sea Scallops RFS Item 53200
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
Lemon Herb Sauce:
- 1 c. Plain yogurt
- 1 c. Sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. Katy’s Kitchen Lemon Juice - RFS Item 12790
- 2 Tbsp. Culinary Secrets Salt & MSG-Free All-Purpose Herb Seasoning RFS Item 13722
- 1/2 tsp. Culinary Secrets Granulated Garlic - RFS Item 24210
- 8 oz. Cucumber: cut into 2-inch sticks
- Combine cornmeal and Culinary Secrets Cajun Seasoning.
- Dredge scallops in cornmeal.
- Heat oil in sauté pan.
- Add scallops and cook 5 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Combine yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, Culinary Secrets Salt & MSG-Free All-Purpose Herb Seasoning and Culinary Secrets Granulated Garlic.
- Serve scallops with Lemon Herb Sauce and cucumber sticks.
Carribean Shrimp Salad
Yield: 10 servings
- 10 oz. Markon Ready Set Serve Romaine Lettuce (RFS Item 76204)
- 10 oz. Markon Ready Set Serve Organic Mixed Baby Greens (RFS Item 76290)
- 10 oz. cucumber, julienned
- 5 oz. carrots, julienned
- 20 oz. mango, sliced
- 20 oz. Hidden Bay 21-25 P&D Tail-On IQF Cooked Shrimp (RFS Item 16450)
- 20 oz. Culinary Secrets Tropical Mango Vinaigrette (RFS Item 28702)
- 2 oz. cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, sliced
- 5 oz. fried banana/plantain chips
- Combine Markon Romaine Lettuce and Markon Organic Mixed Baby Greens. Plate mixed salad greens and top with cucumber, carrots, mango and Hidden Bay Shrimp.
- Drizzle with Culinary Secrets Tropical Mango Vinaigrette. Garnish with cilantro, lime slices and banana chips.
Previous Page | Next Page