Entrée - Poultry
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 Tbsp. SilverBrook butter, 73400
- 2 minced Markon garlic cloves, 78470
- 1 C. chopped Markon onion, 78228
- 1 C. chopped Markon celery, B7296
- 1 C. Bountiful Harvest sliced carrots, 61156
- 58 oz. Culinary Secrets chicken base, reconstituted, 12208
- 14.5 oz. Katy’s Kitchen vegetable base, reconstituted, 28138
- 1/2 pound fully cooked SilverBrook diced chicken, 61988
- 1/2 tsp. Culinary Secrets dried basil, 10510
- 1/2 tsp. Culinary Secrets dried oregano, 24102
- Katy’s Kitchen salt, 31984 and Culinary Secrets pepper, 24108 to taste
- dash or two of Culinary Secrets poultry seasoning, 22650
- pinch or two of Culinary Secrets dried thyme, 31720
- 3 C. Villa Frizzoni egg noodles, 25486
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. In melted butter, sauté garlic cloves, onion, celery, and carrots, until just tender, 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, the broth, basil, oregano, salt, garlic, pepper, poultry seasoning, and thyme to the pot of veggies. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions in a separate pot. Add drained noodles to chicken and veggies, simmer an additional 10 minutes.
Cranberry Catalina Turkey
- 2 lbs. Cobblestone Market oven ready boneless turkey breast roast, 42340
- 1/3 Cup sweet and spicy French dressing, D5644
- 1/3 Cup Bountiful Harvest whole berry cranberry sauce, 10770
- 1 Tablespoon dried onion soup mix, 21244
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place turkey in a shallow roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing, cranberry sauce and soup mix. Mix well.
- Spoon half of sauce mixture over turkey. Cover tightly with foil. Bake 25 minutes. Remove foil.
- Spoon remaining sauce over turkey. Cover. Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer.
- Slice turkey. Serve with sauce.
PAPRIKA CHICKEN CREPE "PURSES"
Yield 8 crepes
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbs. whole milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. melted butter, plus more for the pan.
- Whisk together milk, flour, eggs and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Stir in butter.
- Heat a lightly oiled 8 ½” frying pan or non-stick skillet, over a medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan.
- Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side.
- 1 Tbs. Villa Frizzoni 75/25 Blend Canola and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, RFS Item # 33388
- 1 medium Markon onion, minced, RFS Item # 78338
- 2 lbs, (6) SilverBrook boneless, skinless chicken thighs, skinned, RFS Item # 20242
- 3 Markon tomatoes, chopped, RFS Item # 78204
- 1 Markon green bell pepper, chopped, RFS Item # 78248
- 1 Tbs. Culinary Secrets Hungarian paprika, RFS Item # 24186
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tbs. creme fraiche
- 2 tsp. flour
- 8 long Markon chives, RFS Item # 77812
- Markon chopped chives/Markon parsley, RFS Item # 78172
- Cook onions, covered, in oil in skillet over low heat. Add chicken, green peppers and tomatoes; cover and cook 10 minutes, turning chicken occasionally.
- Stir in paprika and water. Cook over very low heat, covered, until chicken is cooked through, turning occasionally, about 20 minutes more.
- Transfer chicken to a bowl with tongs. Simmer sauce, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk in creme fraiche and flour. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly. Puree sauce in a blender.
- Chop the chicken coarsley. Mix with 1/4 cup of sauce. (Crepes, chicken and sauce can be made 1 day ahead.)
- Preheat oven to 300ºF. Butter a large baking sheet.
- Mound 1/4 cup of chicken in the center of each of the 8 crepes. Pull edges up to center and tie with a chive to make a purse shape.
- Place on baking sheet and heat through in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with a pinch of chopped herbs.
Sourdough Smoked Turkey Melt
- 2 medium Markon red onions, sliced RFS Item 79294
- 4 tablespoons Culinary Secrets butter, divided, RFS Item 73794
- 4 tablespoons Culinary Secrets barbecue sauce, RFS Item 28160
- 8 thick slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices Cobblestone Market Swiss cheese, RFS Item 71288
- 8 slices Prairie Creek Packing bacon, RFS Item 44206
- 16 slices Cobblestone Market Smoked Turkey, RFS Item 94950
- Markon Green Leaf Lettuce, RFS Item 76210
- Cobblestone Market Dill Pickle Spears, RFS Item 44032
- In a large skillet, sauté onions in 1 tablespoon of butter until tender; remove and set aside.
- Spread barbecue sauce on four slices of bread.
- Layer each with one slice of cheese, lettuce, 1 slice of bacon (broke in half to fit), onions, 2 slices of turkey, and top with another slice of bacon.
- Cover with remaining slices of bread.
- In the same skillet or on a griddle, over medium-low heat, melt remaining butter as needed.
- Grill sandwiches on both sides until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Add pickle spear to plate and serve.
Bourbon Chicken Wings
Serves 4 to 6.
- 24 SilverBrook chicken wings RFS Item 20374
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 to 3 tablespoons)
- 1 cup fine, dry, unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sweet Culinary Secrets Hungarian paprika RFS Item 24186
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut chicken wings at joints; discard tips or reserve for broth or stock.
- Combine the wing joints, bourbon, olive oil, lemon rind, and lemon juice in a bowl. Toss to coat the wings and marinate refrigerated for 4 hours or overnight.
- Mix the bread crumbs, paprika, salt, and pepper in a plastic bag. Drain the wing joints and toss with the bread crumb mixture.
- Place the wings on a baking sheet and place about 4 to 5 inches from heat source under preheated broiler. Broil until crisp and golden, about 5 minutes on each side.
Triple Pepper Coconut Crusted Chicken
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Culinary Secrets® Cayenne Pepper: RFS Item # 10508
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Culinary Secrets® Ground White Pepper: RFS Item # 24120
- 1/2 tsp. Culinary Secrets® Regular Ground Black Pepper: RFS Item # 24108
- 3 Large Eggs – whites only
- 2 cups Coconut, shredded, sweetened
- 1-1/2 lbs. SilverBrook Clipped Chicken tenders: RFS Item # 20814
- 1 cup Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce
- EverFry Clear Oil: RFS Item # 16198
- Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce
- Combine 1 cup Apricot preserves, 1 tsp. Culinary Secrets® Crushed Red Pepper and 1 Tbsp. of Red wine in saucepan; heat through.
- Mix cornstarch, Culinary Secrets® Cayenne Pepper, salt, Culinary Secrets® Ground White Pepper and Regular Grind Black Pepper in a shallow bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg whites in medium size mixing bowl until frothy.
- Place coconut in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge SilverBrook chicken tenders in cornstarch mixture; shake off excess. Dip chicken in egg whites, then press chicken into coconut. Turn over and press into coconut again to coat both sides.
- Deep fry chicken at 350°F until cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain. Serve hot with Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce.
Chicken Salad Wraps with Dried Cherries
Yield: 36 cups chicken salad; 48 servings
- 24 cups SilverBrook Fully Cooked 1/2" Diced White Meat Chicken RFS Item 61972
- 8 cups celery, diced
- 4 cups almonds, silvered
- 16 cups dried tart cherries
- 4 cups Culinary Secrets Real Mayonnaise RFS Item 17480
- 4 cups plain, non-fat yogurt
- 8 tsp. Culinary Secrets Whole Tarragon Leaves, crumbled RFS Item 24172
- 5 tsp. salt
- Culinary Secrets Ground Black Pepper, to taste RFS Item 24116 (Cafe Grind, 20 Mesh)
- 48 Markon Ready Set Serve Clean & Trim Romaine Lettuce Leaves RFS Item 76205
- 48 San Pablo 10-inch Flour Tortillas RFS Item 67728
- Combine chicken, dried cherries, celery and almonds; mix well. Whisk together mayonnaise and yogurt, pour over chicken. Add tarragon, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover and let chill 2 to 3 hours to blend flavors.
- Place one romaine lettuce leaf on top of each tortilla. Top with 3/4 cup chicken salad. Roll tightly and wrap in deli paper. Sandwich can be wrapped and chilled 2 hours before serving.
Salsa Chicken Sandwich
- 1 Rich's Fully Baked French Sandwich Rolls, RFS Item 56128
- 1-4 oz. SilverBrook Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, RFS Item 35772
- 2 oz. San Pablo Medium Thick n' Chunky Salsa, RFS Item 49754
- 1/2 tsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 c. Markon 1/8" Fresh Shredded Lettuce, RFS Item 70426
- 2 oz. roma tomatoes, oven-roasted
- 1 oz. Spanish onions, sauteed
- Assemble all ingredients on sandwich roll and serve.*
*For an extra kick, top this sandwich with melted San Pablo Pepper Jack Cheese! RFS Item 70248
Recipe and Photography courtesy of Rich Products.
Grilled Chicken with Creamy Blue Cheese Sauce
Yield: 4 Servings
- 3/4 cup yogurt, plain
- 3 ounces Cobblestone Market Cream Cheese, softened, Order RFS Item 70082
- 5 Tbsp. Cobblestone Market Crumbled Bleu Cheese, Order RFS Item 70030
- 2 Tbsp. green onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. Culinary Secrets Lemon Pepper Seasoning, Order RFS Item 28588
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 pieces SilverBrook Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Order RFS Item 35778
- 4 Tbsp. SilverBrook Grade AA Solid Unsalted Butter, melted, Order RFS Item 73410
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2" strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat.
- In a small food processor, blend yogurt and cream cheese until smooth. Add blue cheese, green onion, lemon-pepper seasoning and salt. Process until just combined. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Brush chicken with small about of melted butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minuets. Turn and grill 7 to 10 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear.
- Brush red pepper strips with melted butter, grill 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Garnish chicken with grilled peppers, serve with cheese sauce.
Recipe & Image: Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, 2006
Slow Cooker Thanksgiving Turkey
- 5 slices Prairie Creek Packing bacon, 50444
- 1 (5 1/2 lb) bone-in turkey breast, skin removed, 50740
- 1/2 teaspoon Culinary Secrets garlic pepper, 29572
- 10.5 oz Katy’s Kitchen turkey gravy, 22424
- 2 Tbsp Bountiful Harvest all-purpose flour, 27634
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 10215
- 1 tsp Culinary Secrets ground sage, 24144
- 1 1/2 C of Culinary Secrets turkey base, 26880
- Place bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain and crumble.
- Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray. Place turkey in the slow cooker. Season with garlic pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the bacon, gravy, flour, Worcestershire sauce, and sage. Pour over turkey in the slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker, and cook turkey 8 hours on low.
- Half-way through the cooking time add turkey broth.
- Serve with your choice of side dishes.
Previous Page | Next Page