Entrée - Beef
Parmesan Basil Steaks
- 1/2 cup ─ Villa Frizzoni 75/25 Blend Canola and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, RFS #33388
- 1/4 cup ─ Villa Frizzoni Parmesan cheese, shredded, RFS# 70947
- 2 Tbsp. ─ Markon Fresh basil, minced, RFS# 75016
- 1 tsp. ─ Culinary Secrets Northwoods Steak Seasoning, RFS# 28758
- 8 each ─ Strip steaks or Round Steaks
- 1-2 Tbsp per steak ─ Culinary Secrets Northwoods Steak Seasoning RFS# 28758
- Combine olive oil, Parmesan, basil and 1 teaspoon Steak Seasoning. Set aside.
- Sprinkle Steak Seasoning over both sides of steak. Grill over moderate heat for 12 to 16 minutes, turning once, to desired doneness.
- Remove steaks from grill and immediately drizzle with Parmesan Basil Oil mixture.
- Let steaks rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Yield: 14 Sandwiches
- 2 Pounds Prairie Creek Packing Lean Ground Beef, RFS#39598
- 1 Large Chopped, Markon Onion ,RFS #74498
- 1 Medium Chopped, Markon Red Bell Pepper,RFS #99598
- 1 Medium Chopped,Markon Green Bell Pepper,RFS#79684
- Culinary Secrets All Purpose Salt Seasoning, RFS#26278 , to taste
- Culinary Secrets ground black pepper, RFS#24108, to taste
- 16 Ounces San Pablo Medium Thick and Chunky Salsa, RFS#49754
- 1 (14.5 ounce) Can Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
- 1 (20 ounce) Bottle Chef Mark Fancy Tomato Ketchup, RFS#12040
- 6 Ounces Bountiful Harvest Fancy Tomato Paste, RFS#12054
- 14 Brickfire Bakery Kaiser Rolls, RFS#65462
- In a large skillet brown ground round, onion, red pepper, green bell pepper and carrots. Cook until vegetables are crisp tender and meat is browned. Place in colander and rinse with warm water to remove excess fat.
- Return to skillet and add salt, black pepper, salsa, Diced Tomatoes with Basil,Garlic & Oregano, ketchup and Tomato Paste . Simmer for 2 hours. Serve on a toasted hamburger bun.
Freshly grilled Shish Kabob with barley salad and horseradish dipping sauce
Pepper Garlic Beef & Pork Kabobs
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup Silverbrook whipped sweet cream butter, salted RFS Item #71102 or Silverbrook sweet cream blend with margarine RFS Item #71074
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Culinary Secrets Dried Tyme, RFS Item 31720
- 3/4 teaspoon Culinary Secrets All Purpose Salt Seasoning, RFS#26278
- 1/4 Teaspoon Culinary Secrets Dried Oregano, Ground, RFS Item 24102
- 1/4 teaspoon Culinary Secrets ground black pepper, RFS# 24108
- 2 tablespoons Markon Yellow Medium Onion, RFS Item 78338, finely chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Markon Fresh Garlic, RFS Item 78470 ,Finely Chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound sirloin steak, cut into 24 (1-inch) pieces
- 8 Markon Small Button Mushrooms , RFS Item E4770
- 8 Markon, Flavor Pack Fresh Cherry Tomatoes , RFS Item 67164
- 1 Markon Small Green Bell Pepper, RFS Item C9134 or Markon Choice Red Bell Pepper, RFS Item 99598, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 Markon Baby Zucchini, RFS Item B1236 cut into 8 pieces
- 1 Markon Yellow Medium Onion, RFS Item 78338 cut into 8 wedges
- Heat gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter melts and mixture comes to a full boil.
- Remove from heat; let cool 5 minutes.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons marinade; set aside.
- Stir sirloin pieces into marinade in saucepan; marinate 15 minutes. Remove sirloin pieces from marinade; discard saucepan marinade.
- To assemble kabobs, alternately thread sirloin pieces and vegetables onto skewers. Place kabobs onto grill.
- Grill, turning and brushing occasionally with reserved marinade, until sirloin reaches at least 145°F. or desired doneness (10 to 15 minutes).
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- Kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons Villa Frizzoni 75/25 Blend Canola and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, RFS Item #33388
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups cooked and cooled barley
- 1 small head fennel, julienned
- 1/4 Cup Katy’s Kitchen Pine Nuts, RFS Item 23078, toasted
- 1/2 cup grated Villa Frizzoni Parmesan cheese, RFS Item 70076
- 1/2 cup Prairie Creek Bacon Slices, RFS item 48314, cooked and crumbled approximately 4 slices
- 2 tablespoons Markon washed and trimmed fresh parsley, chopped ,RFS item 78172
- Culinary Secrets ground black pepper, RFS# 24108
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice and a pinch of kosher salt. Add the olive oil and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Combine the barley, fennel, pine nuts, Parmesan, bacon and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Add the dressing and stir to combine. Season, to taste, with the salt and pepper. Serve immediately or allow to sit in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour.
Horseradish Dipping Sauce
- 2 Cups Cobblestone Sour Cream, RFS Item R6508
- 1/4 Cup Katy’s Kitchen Fully Prepared Horseradish, RFS Item 85628, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Culinary Secrets All Purpose Salt Seasoning, RFS#26278 to taste
- 1 Pinch Culinary Secrets Paprika, RFS Item 24188
- 1 Pinch Culinary Secrets Garlic Salt, RFS Item 28594
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Culinary Secrets Minced Onion, RFS Item 24542
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream, horseradish and lemon juice. Season with salt, paprika, garlic salt and minced onion.
- Mix and then chill for about 20 minutes to let the flavors blend before you start dipping.
Ground Beef Bar-B-Que
Serving size: 6
- 1 pound lean Praire Creek Packing ground beef, RFS Item # 39598
- 1/4 cup chopped Markon onion, RFS Item # 78320
- 1/4 cup chopped Markon green bell pepper, RFS Item # 78248
- 1/2 teaspoon Culinary Secrets garlic powder, RFS Item # 24042
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup Chef Mark ketchup, RFS Item # 12050
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- Markon parsley for presentation, RFS Item # 78172
- 12 slices of Brickfire Bakery cracked wheat bread, RFS Item # 63626
- salt to taste
- Culinary Secrets ground black pepper to taste, RFS Item # 24108
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
- Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve on toasted cracked wheat bread.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add Parsley for presentation.
Double Trouble Streak
Makes 1 Steak
- Eagle Ridge Strip or rib eye steak 1 each
- 2 to 3 tsp. Culinary Secrets Northwoods Steak Dust RFS Item 25446
- 1 to 2 tsp. Culinary Secrets Northwoods Steak Seasoning RFS Item 28758
- Rub the Culinary Secrets Northwoods Steak Dust onto ONE side of the steak.
- Place the seasoned side face down on the grill. Sprinkle the top side of the steak with Culinary Secrets Northwoods Steak Seasoning.
- Turn steak after 4 to 5 minutes and continue grilling until it reaches desired doneness.
- This delicious seasoning combination can be used on any cut of beef and is delicious on pork chops. Use about twice as much Culinary Secrets Northwoods Steak Dust as Culinary Secrets Northwoods Steak Seasoning.
Grilled Steaks With Blue Cheese-Walnut Butter
- Blue cheese, crumbled 8 oz. (2 cups)
- Butter, softened 4 oz. (1/2 cup)
- Culinary Secrets Northwoods Steak Seasoning 2 Tsp. RFS Item # 28758
- Walnuts, chopped and toasted 2 oz. (1/2 cup)
- Steaks, New York strip, 8 oz. 8 each
- Culinary Secrets Northwoods Steak Seasoning 2 Tbsp. RFS Item # 28758
- Combine blue cheese, butter, 2 teaspoons Culinary Secrets Northwoods Steak Seasoning and walnuts in a small bowl; mix well.
- Sprinkle steaks with 2 tablespoons Culinary Secrets Northwoods Steak Seasoning.
- Grill or broil steaks 8 - 10 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Top each steak with a dollop of blue cheese butter shortly before removing from the grill.
Villa Frizzoni Pizza Sostanza
Yield: 1-14" pizza
- 1-14 inch pizza shell
- 8 oz. Bountiful Harvest Fancy Tomato Puree, RFS Item 12048
- 1 tsp. Culinary Secrets Ground Oregano, RFS Item 24102
- 1 tsp. Culinary Secrets Ground Basil, RFS Item 10510
- 2 Tbsp. Villa Frizzoni Grated Parmesan Cheese, RFS Item 70076
- 10 oz. Villa Frizzoni Feather Shredded Pizza Cheese Blend, RFS Item 15076
- 4 oz. Villa Frizzoni Spicy Italian Sausage Pizza Topping, RFS Item 78906
- 4 oz. Villa Frizzoni Beef Pizza Topping, RFS Item E6052
- 1 oz. Villa Frizzoni Sliced Pepperoni (16 pieces), RFS Item E6662
- Preheat conventional or pizza oven to 450 F.
- Spread tomato puree evenly over the pizza shell, up to 1/2-inch of the edge.
- Sprinkle oregano, basil and Parmesan cheese over tomato puree; top with half of the pizza cheese blend.
- Evenly distribute sausage, beef and pepperoni over cheese.
- Sprinkle on remaining pizza cheese blend.
- Bake 12-18 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
Wild Mushroom Beef Stew
- 2 lb. beef for stew, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Culinary Secrets Dried Thyme Leaves, crushed, RFS Item 24434
- 3/4 c. ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1/4 c. Bountiful Harvest 24% Fancy Tomato Paste, RFS Item 12054
- 1/4 c. dry red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. red-skinned potatoes(1 1/2-inch diameter), cut into quarters
- 8 oz. assorted mushrooms (such as cremini, shiitake, and oyster, cut into quarters)
- 1 cup baby carrots
- fresh parsley (optional)
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and thyme in small bowl. Place beef in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with flour mixture; toss to coat.
- Combine broth, tomato paste, wine and garlic in small bowl; mix well. Add to beef. Add potatoes, mushrooms and carrots; mix well.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 5 to 6 hours or LOW 8 to 9 hours, or until beef and vegetables are tender. Stir well before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired, before serving.
Recipe and Photo from National Cattlemen's Beef Association
Wisconsin Stuffed Burger
- 1 1/2 lbs. Eagle Ridge 85/15 Pure Ground Beef, RFS Item 50106
- 1/4 c. dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 6 slices tomato
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3/4 c. Cobblestone Market Crumbled Bleu Cheese, RFS Item 70030
- 6 hamburger buns, sliced
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs and eggs; mix well, but lightly.
- Divide mixture into 12 balls; flatten each on waxed paper to 4 inches across. Place 1 tablespoon cheese on each of 6 patties. Top with remaining patties, carefully pressing the edges to seal.
- Grill patties 4 inches from the hot coals, turning only once for 6 to 9 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink. To keep cheese between patties as it melts, do not flatten burgers with spatula while grilling.
- Place burgers on buns and top with tomato and lettuce.
*Your possibilities are endless! Stuff your burgers with Cobblestone Market Co-Jack or Swiss, San Pablo Pepper Jack, Trifoglio Pizza Blend or Villa Frizzoni Mozzarella.
Photo and Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.
White Whiskey BBQ Rubbed Ribs
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Culinary Secrets® Restaurant Grind Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Culinary Secrets® Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. White whiskey
- 2 racks Baby back ribs
- Combine all ingredients except ribs until well mixed. Brush mixture on both sides of ribs.
- Bake at 200˚F for 4 hours or until very tender. Baste every hour with pan drippings.
- Finish ribs by grilling over medium-high heat to caramelize. Let ribs rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Previous Page | Next Page