Chicken Salad Wraps with Dried Cherries
Yield: 36 cups chicken salad; 48 servings
- 24 cups SilverBrook Fully Cooked 1/2" Diced White Meat Chicken RFS Item 61972
- 8 cups celery, diced
- 4 cups almonds, silvered
- 16 cups dried tart cherries
- 4 cups Culinary Secrets Real Mayonnaise RFS Item 17480
- 4 cups plain, non-fat yogurt
- 8 tsp. Culinary Secrets Whole Tarragon Leaves, crumbled RFS Item 24172
- 5 tsp. salt
- Culinary Secrets Ground Black Pepper, to taste RFS Item 24116 (Cafe Grind, 20 Mesh)
- 48 Markon Ready Set Serve Clean & Trim Romaine Lettuce Leaves RFS Item 76205
- 48 San Pablo 10-inch Flour Tortillas RFS Item 67728
- Combine chicken, dried cherries, celery and almonds; mix well. Whisk together mayonnaise and yogurt, pour over chicken. Add tarragon, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover and let chill 2 to 3 hours to blend flavors.
- Place one romaine lettuce leaf on top of each tortilla. Top with 3/4 cup chicken salad. Roll tightly and wrap in deli paper. Sandwich can be wrapped and chilled 2 hours before serving.
Asiago Antipasto Linguine
4 main-course servings.
- 12-oz. Villa Frizzoni Linguine: RFS item # 25034.
- 3 tbsp. Villa Frizzoni 75/25 Blend Canola / Extra Virgin Olive Oil: RFS item #10112.
- 4 large (5-inch-diameter) Portobello mushrooms, stemmed, dark gills removed, caps sliced 1/4 inch thick.
- 6-oz. 1/8-inch-thick slices Genoa salami, cut into thin strips.
- 1 cup sliced vegetables and 6 tablespoons marinade from 16-ounce jar antipasto salad with olives.
- 2 cups shredded Trifoglio Asiago cheese, divided: RFS item #76786.
- 2 cups chopped fresh Markon Fresh Basil, divided: RFS item # 77800.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
- Drain, reserving 1/2-cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Heat oil in same pot over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms; sauté until tender and brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add salami; toss 30 seconds.
- Add pasta, 1/2 cup cooking liquid, sliced vegetables, reserved marinade, and 1 1/2 cups cheese; toss until liquid thickens and coats pasta, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in 1 1/2 cups basil. Season with pepper. Transfer to bowl.
- Sprinkle with 1/2-cup basil; serve with 1/2-cup cheese.
Carribean Shrimp Salad
Yield: 10 servings
- 10 oz. Markon Ready Set Serve Romaine Lettuce (RFS Item 76204)
- 10 oz. Markon Ready Set Serve Organic Mixed Baby Greens (RFS Item 76290)
- 10 oz. cucumber, julienned
- 5 oz. carrots, julienned
- 20 oz. mango, sliced
- 20 oz. Hidden Bay 21-25 P&D Tail-On IQF Cooked Shrimp (RFS Item 16450)
- 20 oz. Culinary Secrets Tropical Mango Vinaigrette (RFS Item 28702)
- 2 oz. cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, sliced
- 5 oz. fried banana/plantain chips
- Combine Markon Romaine Lettuce and Markon Organic Mixed Baby Greens. Plate mixed salad greens and top with cucumber, carrots, mango and Hidden Bay Shrimp.
- Drizzle with Culinary Secrets Tropical Mango Vinaigrette. Garnish with cilantro, lime slices and banana chips.
Garden Fresh Cole Slaw
- 4 C Markon shredded green & red cabbage, shredded carrots, 75054
- 2 Markon green onion, 76206
For the version with mayonnaise:
- 3 Tbsp Katy’s Kitchen mayonnaise, 17096
- 1/2 tsp katy’s Kitchen yellow mustard, 20181
- Culinary Secrets pepper to taste, 24108
For the version without mayonnaise:
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar, 15664, or Katy’s Kitchen white vinegar, 14558
- Sprinkle of sugar, 27348
- Sprinkle of Katy’s Kitchen salt, 31984 & Culinary Secrets pepper, 24108
- Take 4 cups (not packed) of Markon cabbage and carrots mixture. (using more green cabbage than red and carrots or to your liking) Thinly slice green onions.
- For the mayo dressing version, add mayo, yellow mustard and mix in with the cabbage, carrot, and onions. Add pepper to taste.
- For the non-mayo version, add rice vinegar. Sprinkle with sugar, salt, and pepper to taste.
Strawberry Summer Salad
- 1 tsp Villa Frizzoni 75/25 blend canola/extra virgin olive oil, 33388
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 27222
- 4 C Markon baby spinach, 76414
- 1 C Markon strawberries, thinly sliced, 67154
- 1/4 - 1/2 C Katy’s Kitchen pecans, 23036
- 1/4 C Bountiful Harvest dried cranberries, 82696
- 1/4 C Villa Frizzoni crumbled feta cheese, 52534
- 2 Markon green onions, chopped, 76206
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add oil and sugar and stir to combine. Add nuts and toss to coat.
- Cook about five minutes and transfer to parchment paper, separate nuts with a fork and cool.
- Wash and dry greens and add to a large bowl and toss gently with remaining ingredients and add dressing of your choice.
Seafood Lettuce Cups
12 oz. Hidden Bay Flake-Style Imitation Crab
RFS Item 57782
1-1/2 cups cooked rice (preferably short-grain Japanese rice)
1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup avocado, peeled and chopped
1 cup Asian-style salad dressing, bottled
(preferably with ginger and wasabi or Try: Culinary Secrets Toasted Sesame Dressing - RFS Item 28362)
1/4 cup pickled ginger, chopped, optional garnish
1/2 cup toasted nori (seaweed), optional garnish
3 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds, garnish
8-10 Markon Lettuce Jammers - RFS Item 90828 or
1 head Markon Fresh Iceberg Lettuce - RFS Item 70526
Lettuce Cups (if not using Markon Lettuce Jammers)
1. Cut off the bottom third of the lettuce head. Soak lettuce top in ice water for 10 minutes - this will help separate the leaves.
2. Carefully separate the outer lettuce leaves, one at a time, to make the cups.
3. Using scissors, trime each lettuce cup to form circles.
A head of iceberg should yield 8 to 10 lettuce cups. Save the lettuce core for a chopped lettuce salad.
1. Combine imitation crab, cooked rice, cucumber and avocado in a large bowl.
2. Add salad dressing; toss to coat all ingredients.
3. Place lettuce cups on a large plate and fill each with about 1/2 cup of the crab-rice filling.
4. Garnish with pickled ginger, nori and sesame seeds to serve.
Yield: 8 to 10 lettuce cups
Mustard-Crusted Steak Salad with Bleu Cheese
3 cups baby spinach
or Markon Insalata Blend - RFS Item 79844
1 oz. Cobblestone Market Crumbled Bleu Cheese
RFS Item 70030
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
3 oz. Black Canyon Choice Angus Beef Tenderloin,
cut into thin slices - RFS Item 49100
Non-stick cooking spray
EverLight Gold - RFS Item 14708
5 Markon Ready Set Serve 3/16" Whole Ring Red Onion Slices
RFS Item 75620
3 Markon Fresh Cherry Tomatoes, halved
RFS Item 67164
2 sliced mushrooms
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. olive oil
Toasted pine nuts, optional
1. Arrange spinach (or Insalata Blend) on a large plate; top with cheese.
2. Spread a thin layer of mustard over both sides of meat slices.
3. Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray and quickly cook both sides of meat slices, about 1 minute per side or until browned.
4. Center meat slices on top of spinach. Arrange onion slices over salad and top with tomatoes and mushrooms.
5. Mix balsamic vinegar and olive oil together and drizzle over salad. Garnish with pine nuts, if desired.
Yield: 1 salad
Bountiful Harvest German Potato Salad
Step 1 - Dressing
24 oz. Prairie Creek Packing Gold Double Smoked Bacon
RFS Item 42436
15 oz. Markon First Crop Red Onion, diced
RFS Item 71336
3 oz. all-purpose flour
12 oz. Katy's Kitchen Apple Cider Vinegar
RFS Item 39500
12 oz. water
3.5 oz. stone ground mustard
6 oz. sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. Culinary Secrets Ground Black Pepper
RFS Item 24108
1 gallon Bountiful Harvest Dehydrated Potato Slices
RFS Item 31378
1 oz. parsley, chopped
1. Fry the bacon until crisp, drain. Set bacon aside and return the fat to a large skillet.
2. Add the red onion and flour to the skillet, saute briefly.
3. Stir in the vinegar, water, mustard, sugar and spices; simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until thick and of syrupy consistency.
1. Prepare the sliced potatoes according to the package directions.
2. Toss the cooked potatoes with the warm salad dressing and bacon. Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
Yield: 20 servings (6 oz. each)
Serving Suggestion: Add diced dill pickle, sliced egg or green onion to the salad.
Chicken & Prosciutto Pasta Salad
20-5 oz. SilverBrook Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
RFS Item 35774
10 lbs. Villa Frizzoni Farfalle, cooked and cooled
RFS Item 28856
10 oz. Markon First Crop Jumbo Red Onion, 1/4" diced
RFS Item 71337
20 oz. Prosciutto, 1/2" diced (or subsititute with bacon or panchetta)
2 1/2 lbs. green beans, blanched and cooled
1 1/4 lbs. roasted red peppers, julienned
5 oz. Villa Frizzoni Fancy Shredded Parmesan Cheese
RFS Item 70946
1 1/4 quarts Culinary Secrets Royal Caesar Dressing
RFS Item 12434
20 fresh basil sprigs, whole
1. For one order, grill 5 oz. of chicken, cool and dice into 1/2" pieces.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine chicken with 8 oz. of pasta, 1/2 oz. of onion, 2 oz. of green beans, 1 oz. of roasted red peppers and 2 fl. oz of Culinary Secrets Royal Caesar Dressing.
3. Transfer mixture to chilled serving bowl and top with 1/4 oz. Parmesan cheese and 1 oz. of the diced Prosciutto. Garnish with fresh basil.
Yield: 20 servings
Grilled Tenderloin Cobb Salad
4 oz. beef tenderloin
1 quart Katy's Kitchen New York Style Blue Cheese Dressing
RFS Item 12332
1 1/4 lbs. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Chopped Fresh Romaine Lettuce
RFS Item 76340
3 3/4 lbs. Markon First Crop Fresh Iceberg Lettuce, chopped
RFS Item 75021
2 lbs. fresh tomatoes, 1/2" diced
1 1/4 lbs. hard boiled eggs, roughly chopped
1 1/4 lbs. Cobblestone Market Blue Cheese Crumbles
RFS Item 70030
1 1/4 lbs. avocado, 1/2" diced
10 oz. Prairie Creek Packing Fully Cooked Thick Sliced Bacon, roughly chopped
RFS Item 17766
20 pieces Markon First Crop Clean & Trim Green Onions, whole, grilled for garnish
RFS Item 76206
salt and fresh black pepper as needed
1. For single serving, lightly season one piece of tenderloin with salt and black pepper.
2. Place tenderloin steak on a pre-heated seasoned grill and cook until desired doneness is reached. Keep warm and slice just prior to serving.
3. While tenderloin is cooking, place 1 oz. of romaine lettuce, 3 oz. of iceberg lettuce, 1 1/2 oz. tomatoes, and 1/2 oz. of bacon into a mixing bowl and toss with 1 1/2 fl. oz. of Katy's Kitchen New York Style Blue Cheese Dressing.
4. Transfer the tossed lettuce misture into a chilled serving bowl and top with sliced beef tenderloin.
5. Finish by topping with 1 oz. of each: avocado, blue cheese crumbles and chopped egg. Garnish with 1 whole grilled green onion.
Yield: 20 servings
Previous Page | Next Page