Entrée - Pork
Easter Honey Glaze Ham
- 1–12 lb. Cobblestone Market boneless pit ham, 40138
- 1/2 C Culinary Secrets whole cloves, 24168
- 1/2 C dark corn syrup, 21583
- 4 C Katy’s Kitchen honey, 11535
- 1–1/3 C SilverBrook butter, 73400
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Score ham, and stud with the whole cloves. Place ham in foil lined pan.
- In the top half of a double boiler, heat the corn syrup, honey and butter. Keep glaze warm while baking ham.
- Brush glaze over ham, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Baste ham every 10 to 15 minutes with the honey glaze.
- During the last 4 to 5 minutes of baking, turn on broiler to caramelize the glaze. Remove from oven, and let sit a few minutes before serving.
Easter Honey Glaze Ham
1–12 lb. Cobblestone Market boneless pit ham, 40138
1/2 C Culinary Secrets whole cloves, 24168
1/2 C dark corn syrup, 21583
4 C Katy’s Kitchen honey, 11535
1–1/3 C SilverBrook butter, 73400
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Score ham, and stud with the whole cloves. Place ham in foil lined pan.
3. In the top half of a double boiler, heat the corn syrup, honey and butter. Keep glaze warm while baking ham.
4. Brush glaze over ham, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Baste ham every 10 to 15 minutes with the honey glaze.
5. During the last 4 to 5 minutes of baking, turn on broiler to caramelize the glaze. Remove from oven, and let sit a few minutes before serving.
Cheesy Ham and Broccoli Casserole
- 1lb. Villa Frizzoni Elbow Macaroni, RFS Item # 24086
- 1 lb. Cobblestone Market Cooked Ham, RFS Item # 41040
- 16 oz. Bountiful Harvest frozen broccoli florets, RFS Item # 61174
- 22 oz. Bountiful Harvest canned chopped tomatoes, drained , RFS Item # 12078
- 1/2 bunch Markon Green Onions, Iceless Clean and Refrigerated, RFS Item # 76206, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons Silverbrook whipped sweet cream butter, salted, RFS Item #71102
- Approximately 1/2 cup Trifoglio Fresh Mozzarella Log, RFS Item # 82496
- Approximately 1/4 cup Villa Frizzoni Grated Parmesan Cheese , RFS Item # 70076
- 2 tbsp prepared yellow mustard or Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Katy’s Kitchen Medium Bread Crumbs, RFS Item # 27338
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil macaroni according to package directions, but just until almost finished cooking. (Very al dente.)
- If using a pasta pot: Drain noodles and set aside in a large bowl, but do not rinse. Add broccoli florets to the basket and blanch in pasta water for approximately 2 minutes. Rinse under cold running water and drain well.
- If using a colander:Place broccoli florets in a large heat-proof bowl or pot. Place colander over broccoli and drain water onto the broccoli. Allow to sit in hot water for 2 minutes, then drain and rinse under cold water. Allow to drain in a second colander or on a clean dish towel.
- In the same pot you made the pasta in, add heavy cream or half and half and butter, stir to combine. Stir in mozzarella 1/2 teaspoon at a time, waiting until the last addition is completely incorporated before continuing.
- Add macaroni, ham, broccoli, green onions, tomatoes, Parmesan, mustard and salt and pepper. Stir until everything is well coated in the cheese mixture. Pour into a large casserole or jelly roll pan. Top with breadcrumbs and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until bread crumbs begin to brown and mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes.
Roasted Stuffed Onions
- Yellow or red onions 8 large
- Olive oil 1-2 Tbsp.
- Pork sausage 8 oz.
- Fresh fennel, chopped 1/2 cup
- Culinary Secrets® Garlic Powder 1 Tbsp. RFS Item # 24042
- Italian bread, cubed 8 cups
- Figs, dried, chopped 1/2 cup
- Pine nuts 1/2 cup
- Culinary Secrets® Poultry Seasoning 1 Tbsp. RFS Item #24132
- Culinary Secrets® Garlic Powder 1/2 tsp. RFS Item # 24042
- Culinary Secrets® Fennel Seed 1/2 tsp. RFS Item # 24282
- Culinary Secrets® Regular Grind Black Pepper 1/2 tsp. RFS Item # 24108
- Salt 1 tsp.
- Chicken stock 1 cup
- Egg, slightly beaten 1 each
- Butter, melted 1/4 cup
- Culinary Secrets® Italian Seasoning 1 Tbsp. RFS Item # 24290
- Peel outer layer of onions. Cut and discard a 1/2-inch slice from onion tops. Trim onion bottoms just enough to enable onions to stand up. Hollow out onions, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Reserve 1 cup of onion centers; chop. Place onion shells on baking sheet; drizzle outside surface with olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes at 400°F, or until slightly browned and tender. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 350°F.
- Brown and crumble sausage in large skillet. Remove sausage and reserve 2 tablespoons of drippings. Sauté reserved chopped onions, fennel and Culinary Secrets® Garlic Powder in pan drippings for 5 to 7 minutes, until tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Combine sausage mixture with bread cubes, figs and pine nuts in a large bowl. Stir Culinary Secrets® Poultry Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Fennel Seed, Regular Grind Black Pepper and salt into chicken broth. Pour over stuffing; stir in egg and butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Mound stuffing into roasted onions. Sprinkle tops with Culinary Secrets® Italian seasoning. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Pork Loin with Calypso Cherry Sauce
- 4 lbs. -Pork tenderloins
- 1/4 cup -Culinary Secrets Jamaican Jerk Seasoning (RFS item 22178)
- 1 lb. -Cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup -Red wine vinegar 1/4 cup
- 2 Tbsp. -Light corn syrup
- 2 tsp. -Culinary Secrets Jamaican Jerk Seasoning (RFS item 22178)
- 1/4 cup -Almonds, slivered
- Coat pork tenderloins with 1/4 cup Culinary Secrets Jamaican Jerk Seasoning.
- Place on sheet tray. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients and heat until well blended.
- Reserve one third of the glaze.
- Remove pork from oven. Brush with remaining sauce.
- Return to oven and roast an additional 20 to 30 minutes until internal temperature is 150°F.
- Baste frequently with cherry sauce.
- Remove pork from oven and let rest 5-10 minutes before slicing into medallions.
- Serve with reserved sauce.
Villa Frizzoni Pizza Sostanza
Yield: 1-14" pizza
- 1-14 inch pizza shell
- 8 oz. Bountiful Harvest Fancy Tomato Puree, RFS Item 12048
- 1 tsp. Culinary Secrets Ground Oregano, RFS Item 24102
- 1 tsp. Culinary Secrets Ground Basil, RFS Item 10510
- 2 Tbsp. Villa Frizzoni Grated Parmesan Cheese, RFS Item 70076
- 10 oz. Villa Frizzoni Feather Shredded Pizza Cheese Blend, RFS Item 15076
- 4 oz. Villa Frizzoni Spicy Italian Sausage Pizza Topping, RFS Item 78906
- 4 oz. Villa Frizzoni Beef Pizza Topping, RFS Item E6052
- 1 oz. Villa Frizzoni Sliced Pepperoni (16 pieces), RFS Item E6662
- Preheat conventional or pizza oven to 450 F.
- Spread tomato puree evenly over the pizza shell, up to 1/2-inch of the edge.
- Sprinkle oregano, basil and Parmesan cheese over tomato puree; top with half of the pizza cheese blend.
- Evenly distribute sausage, beef and pepperoni over cheese.
- Sprinkle on remaining pizza cheese blend.
- Bake 12-18 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
Ham & Cheese Stuffed Croissants
- 1 (6 count) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, 34338
- 24–30 slices Cobblestreet Market sliced ham, 63174
- 1 Tbsp Cobblestreet Market cheddar cheese, shredded, 76433
- 3–4 Tbsp Cobblestreet Market cream cheese, 70083
- 1–2 Tbsp SilverBrook butter, 73400
- 1–2 Tbsp Culinary Secrets fennel seed, 24282 , optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On wax paper, or other surface, roll each crescent roll open. *Note* if you don’t move quickly, the dough will become sticky on the surface.
- Top with 4 or 5 “thin” slices of rolled up Honey Ham.
- Lightly combine cheddar and cream cheese together in bowl.
- With a butter knife spread about 1/2 tablespoon of cheese mixture between the ham slices.
- Roll crescents from wide end to narrow point.
- Place rolls on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
- Run a cube of butter lightly over all crescents before cooling. Sprinkle with fennel seed.
- Let cool at least 5 minutes.
- 1–26 oz. Villa Frizzoni pizza dough balls, 63730
- 16 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded, 61677
- 2 2/3 oz. finely grated Parmesan cheese, 20029
- 4 oz. sliced prosciutto, chopped, 42332
- 4 Tbsp. chopped chives, 75774
- 4 Tbsp. chopped Markon green peppers, 78246
- 4 Tbsp. chopped Villa Frizzoni black olives, 31248
- 1 1/3 Tbsp. minced Markon garlic, 78470
- 1 1/3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, A3640
- 1/3 C. finely grated Parmesan cheese pizza sauce, optional
- Thaw pizza dough and cut each loaf into 4–6.5 oz pieces. Roll out each 6.5 oz dough piece into a 9” circle.
- Place mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and prosciutto equally on each circle of dough. Top with chives, peppers, olives and garlic.
- Moisten edges and fold over to enclose the filling, pressing edges firmly together.
- Place on baking sheet, cover lightly with plastic wrap, and allow to rise in a warm, draft-free place until dough feels light, about 35 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375-degree oven. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until calzone is browned. Remove from oven and brush with oil. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese. Serve warm with pizza sauce, if desired.
- 14 Markon asparagus spears, 78991
- Villa Frizzoni 75/25 blend canola and extra virgin olive oil, 33388
- Freshly ground Culinary Secrets black pepper, 24108
- Katy’s Kitchen salt, 31984
- lb. Prairie Creek Packing smoked bacon*, 42908 *do not use thick cut
Special Equipment: wooden toothpicks, soaked in water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high direct heat.
- Trim the asparagus of the woody ends. Place on a sheet tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Wrap bacon slices around 3–4 asparagus spears. Secure bacon ends with toothpicks.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-low heat until the asparagus is tender and the bacon is crisp, about 15 minutes; halfway through the grilling flip the asparagus. Transfer to a platter, remove the toothpicks and serve.
Pistachio-Crusted Pork Tenderloin Bruschetta
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin
- 3/4 c. Markon Clean & Trim Fresh Parsley, lightly packed, RFS Item 78172
- 3/4 c. pistachio nuts OR slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp. graded lemon peel (about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 4 oz. soft, mild goat cheese, OR spinach-artichoke cheese spread, OR olive tapenade
- 1/2 of 24-inch baguette, diagonally sliced & lightly toasted
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Place parsley and nuts in blender or food procesor container. Cover and blend or process just until crumbly, but not paste like. Transfer mixture to an 18-inch-long piece of waxed paper. Add lemon peel and salt, lightly mix until combined.
- Place pork on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roasted in heated oven for 20-30 minutes or until internal temperature is 155 F. Cook pork on rack for 20 minutes. Loosely cover with foil and chill for several hours or overnight.
- To serve, carve pork into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Lightly spread bauette slices with cheese or olive tapenade. Place pork on top.
Recipe & Photo Courtesy of National Pork Board
Previous Page | Next Page