Apple Streusel Muffins
- 2 C. Bountiful Harvest all-purpose flour, 27634
- 1 tsp. baking powder, D9253
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda, B2196
- 1/2 tsp. Katy’s Kitchen salt, 31984
- 1 tsp. Culinary Secrets cinnamon, 24180
- 1/2 tsp. Culinary Secrets nutmeg, 24084
- 1 C. SilverBrook butter, 73400
- 1/2 C. white sugar, 27348
- 1/2 C. brown sugar, 27222
- heaping Tbsp. of Bountiful Harvest applesauce, 10738
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. Culinary Secrets vanilla, 24306
- 2 C. Markon granny smith apples, 75074, 1 C. chopped, 1 C. shredded
- 1/3 C. packed brown sugar, 27222
- 1 Tbsp. Bountiful Harvest all-purpose flour, 27634
- 1/8 tsp. Culinary Secrets ground cinnamon, 24180
- 1 Tsbp. SilverBrook butter, melted, 73400
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Mix in vanilla and applesauce. Stir in apples, and gradually blend in the flour mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan filling to about 2/3 full.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over tops of mixture in muffin pan.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to sit 5 minutes before removing muffins from pan. Cool on a wire rack.