Wisconsin Stuffed Burger
- 1 1/2 lbs. Eagle Ridge 85/15 Pure Ground Beef, RFS Item 50106
- 1/4 c. dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 6 slices tomato
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3/4 c. Cobblestone Market Crumbled Bleu Cheese, RFS Item 70030
- 6 hamburger buns, sliced
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs and eggs; mix well, but lightly.
- Divide mixture into 12 balls; flatten each on waxed paper to 4 inches across. Place 1 tablespoon cheese on each of 6 patties. Top with remaining patties, carefully pressing the edges to seal.
- Grill patties 4 inches from the hot coals, turning only once for 6 to 9 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink. To keep cheese between patties as it melts, do not flatten burgers with spatula while grilling.
- Place burgers on buns and top with tomato and lettuce.
*Your possibilities are endless! Stuff your burgers with Cobblestone Market Co-Jack or Swiss, San Pablo Pepper Jack, Trifoglio Pizza Blend or Villa Frizzoni Mozzarella.
Photo and Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.